No Way Is Impossible to Courage
PRESIDENT & COO INTERVIEW
- FEATURE CLOSE-UP Talents in USI: Senior Employees’ Stories—Guadalajara Site This year is the 26th anniversary of the establishment of USI's Guadalajara Site (GDL Site) in Mexico, and it is also an important milestone for USI's entry into the Americas. At GDL Site, there are many talents who grow together with USI, creating a new chapter for USI. In this column, we have invited two colleagues who have worked at GDL Site for over 20 years to share their stories at USI.
- LOHAS FOREVER Dealing with Climacteric Yes, We Can! Climacteric is a part of life for every woman. The hormone level starts to decrease during this period of life. Some women experience changes in physiology and mood, as well as mental and physical discomfort. The National Health Interview Survey indicates that approximately 60% of women between 45 and 54 years of age start to show climacteric changes, such as irregular menstrual periods or menopause, while this percentage increases to 90 or more for women between 55 and 64. For women in their 50s, the waist-hip ratio (WHR) is often greater than 50%. If the waist grows beyond the ideal size, the fatty tissues accumulated on the belly will affect body metabolism, which often leads to health risks like increased level of triglyceride and blood sugar, and cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
- FINANCE & LAW Corporate Transformation and Risk Management in Emerging Technologies Emerging technologies are becoming increasingly prevalent, and the applications are constantly expanding. The development of these technologies has brought unprecedented opportunities and challenges, profoundly affecting businesses. In terms of management, these technologies can be utilized to enhance production efficiency, reduce costs, improve product design, and create better customer experiences. However, at the same time, they also bring risks and challenges. Companies must deal with these risks properly, establish sound risk management mechanisms, strengthen internal controls, and ensure the safety and compliance of the enterprise. In addition, continuous learning is needed to innovate strategies, frameworks, skills, and cultures, fully utilizing the opportunities of new technologies, to maintain competitiveness and innovation in the development of emerging technologies. Only agile and flexible enterprises can survive and develop in the wave of new technology.
- INTELLIGENCE EXPRESS The Introduction of I3C Episode 1 With the development of handheld and portable device, the electronic sensors marketing is constantly expanding, more and more sensors are used in those devices, such as temperature sensor, Barometric pressure sensor, Gyro, Accelerator, GSR (Galvanic Skin Response), humidity sensor and so forth. Meanwhile, the request for high data rate and low power consumption is ever-increasing. In these application scenarios, the defects of those general interfaces, as I2C (Inter Integrated Circuit), SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) and UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter) are gradually unveiled. Aims at those problems above, MIPI (Mobile Industry Processor Interface) Alliance puts forward I3C (Improved Inter Integrated Circuit) bus. The new interface can standardize the sensor communication, reduce the number of physical pins, and support low power, high speed and other critical features.
- USI NEWS USI News USI Launches PCle Gen.5 Mass Production Testing Platform Solution To Boost The Solid-State Drive Industry
- ASTEELFLASH UNIVERSE For the new "A Day in the Life of", we had the pleasure to interview Mariusz Klimaszewski, SMT Team Leader at Asteelflash Bedford Site in the UK.
- PARTNER FOCUS Located in Bonn, Germany, Asteelflash Bonn Site offers high-mix low-volume electronic manufacturing services. Focused on smart building, smart home, green technologies, IoT and telecommunication devices and equipment, the team in Bonn is well equipped to support customers' project. As the Bonn Site Business Unit Director, Andrea Schäfer is never afraid to make decisions and always keeps moving forward.
- CULTURE CLASH Traditions of each nation are very unique and differ from one to another. This time, we will focus on British Royal Family, and you will acquire more knowledge about this family.
- LIVING‧EATING‧TRAVELING Phu Quoc Island is the largest island in Phu Quoc City, Kien Giang Province. Phu Quoc City is located in Gulf of Thailand including 21 smaller islets. It takes 1 hour and 30 minutes traveling from Ho Chi Minh City by plane. Phu Quoc is famous for its diversity of special endemic species from nature. This island is an ideal place for discoveries.
- CROSS-STRAIT LITERARY AND ART Between 2006 and 2008, Luo Dan drew a big cross on the map of China with his two series of works, "China Route 318" and "North, South." This may not have been something he initially thought of when he set out from Chengdu to Shanghai. In a later interview, he revealed that he resigned from his job in February 2006 and started his road trip and photography out of a sense of weariness and anxiety towards his life and creative state at the time.
- OFFICE CHAT ROOM In a world where global politics and economics are constantly changing, what kind of foresighted mindset should corporate leaders possess to seize opportunities in the unpredictable market? This season's Leadership Forum invites Robert Chin, the General Manager of ASUS Server Business Unit, to share how to build a dynamic team with forward-looking resilience.
- ESG 360 In recent years, climate changes have affected the living environment of organisms all over the world. Among the climate changes, the emission of greenhouse gases causing global warming has become an issue that has been valued by all countries and enterprises. Scientific methods that meet international standards have begun being used to calculate the carbon emissions of operations of enterprises/ organizations in the scope of activities, understand the high-carbon emission hotspots, and plan carbon reduction methods for hotspots, to gradually achieve the goal of net zero carbon emissions.
- PHOTO GALLERY Due to the pandemic, I haven't had the opportunity to travel to Japan again in recent years, but if I get the chance, I will definitely take lots of pictures to share with everyone!